9 July 2018

WORSHIP VINYL: SARCÓFAGO "The Worst" Reissue


SARCÓFAGO´s "The Worst" was the last full-lenght released by the band in 1996, Greyhaze Records will re-release it on vinyl and cassette for the first time on August 24th.

Is considered by many as the worst (jokes aside) album released  by the band, I wouldn´t say so, but there is probalby my least favourite. Since the album "Hate" released in 1994 SARCÓFAGO started to use drum machine, and yes I hated the sound of the goddamned drum machine, though the music is still fucking good.

There are a lot of great heavy riffs on this album, like the ones on the slow tracks, the title track and "God Bless the Whores". There is also a re-recorded version of "Satanic Lust", originally from their cult debut album "I.N.R.I" but though the guitar sound is good the drum machine ruins it and makes you stop listening the track and to look for the original.

"The album´s audio went through a high-quakity remastering process, including audio sourced from original master tapes. The Worst´s reissue also comes with an expanded visual package including previously unavailable photos  from the album´s photo session"

I NEED this in my collection! "Remember my friend, the worst is to come"... 








No comments:

Post a Comment